Scholarships are the financial help given to the students by any institution to pursue their education in a particular subject. There are many scholarships available in the United Kingdom, one among them is Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship. This is a highly competitive scholarship open to students from developing Commonwealth countries who wish to pursue higher education courses in the UK.
The Scholarship covers the cost of tuition plus maintenance allowance, study-related costs and travel allowances. It will provide recipients with an opportunity to study at institutions across the UK and undertake any field of study. The Split-site scholarship program is designed to provide young people with exceptional leadership potential who are identified as future leaders, with broad international exposure and the opportunity to interact with young people from other Commonwealth countries.
The Scholarship is being awarded to students so that they can gain experience and exposure to countries from where their fellow citizens come from. Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship Program, which aims to develop human resources in the region by supporting students from developing Commonwealth countries who want to pursue degrees in universities outside their home country.
Also, Read: Dalian University CSC Scholarship in China.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country of Scholarship: United Kingdom
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Degree Level: PhD, Masters
- Last Date To Apply: 17th February 2022
- Complete Tuition Costs.
- A monthly allowance of £1,133.
- Warm clothing subsidy (Where Applicable).
- In the case of widowed, divorced, or a single parent, the first child subsidy of £478/month, and the second and third child subsidy of £118.
- if the scholar’s institute is in the London Metropolitan region, the monthly subsidy will be £1390.
- A return air ticket.
- A study travel allocation.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
- Be a British-protected individual.
- The applicant who has a refugee situation in an eligible Commonwealth country can also apply.
- In case the applicant is a permanent citizen of a commonwealth country, he/she can apply.
- Must be enlisted for Ph.D. in any institute of the Commonwealth nation at the moment of confirmation of the scholarship.
- There must be a connection between the applicant’s host institute and the UK’s university.
- Confirming details must be provided by both the university’s professors that confirm the eligibility of the nominee.
Last Date To Apply:
You can Submit Applications Online up to 17th February 2022 for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships in the United Kingdom. Candidates are advised to apply as quickly as possible as the Online Applications System will be busy leading up to the Deadline.
How To Apply:
These Days the Applications are always Submitted Online and the same here again the Applications Procedure is Online. Applicants can Submit Online Applications through the Commonwealth Online System. Kindly Submit your Applications now as it will be harder to do so when closer to the Last Date. Provide Correct information, Avoid providing false information. Carefully Submit Applications, First, you need to read all the Conditions and once you have made sure that you fulfill all the requirements then you can go ahead to Submit Online Applications for the Scholarships. Everything regarding the Scholarships is mentioned on the Commonwealth Scholarships Website. In Order To Apply, Please visit Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships Website. Click Here to get to their Website to Apply Online for the Scholarships Opportunities.
- Commitment to return home.
- Educational Accomplishments.
- Financial Situation.
- Commitment to Commission’s Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Approach and Strategies.
Commonwealth Scholarships in the UK are not just for those who have achieved great results in their course. It’s about more than just numbers and ranking. Most UK universities give significant weight to extracurricular activities, personal achievements and life experiences in general when judging students’ applications. These factors can make all the difference to your application. The Commonwealth Scholarship is an initiative to provide extended opportunities for knowledge sharing and research among the developed and the developing worlds. The Commonwealth Scholarships are one of the United Kingdom’s most prestigious awards. They are granted to students from a member country, selected on academic ability and strength of character. It is not only citizenship in a UK commonwealth country that qualifies you for this scholarship, but also for some countries like India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, you can still apply for it even if you are a dual citizen of the UK. The country from which you are applying does have an impact on your chances of selection.