The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) offers an Internship Programme for international students to support agricultural development and food security through FAO services and programs. If you are an international student interested in sustainable development, agricultural policy reform, rural economy, environmental management or food security, you can apply for Internship Programmes with FAO.
During their internship, interns will be joining the UN-FAO team and will gain first-hand experience on how to conduct international development work. They will also build up work experience and skills, including in development analysis, project management, teamwork, leadership and communication by working closely with the experts from FAO’s network of Member Nations in agriculture.
The Internship Programme provides all the tools you need to kick-start an international career and make the most of your degree. It will provide you with valuable work experience, improve your employability and open up a whole new range of opportunities. This program offers you the unique opportunity to develop skills, build networks, gain invaluable knowledge and experience in development cooperation at a grassroots level and contribute to addressing global challenges.
Details of the Internship:
- Country of Internship: Worldwide
- Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Applications: Online
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Last Date To Apply: None
- An Allowance in local currency and not exceed US$ 700/month. Moreover, In this sum, the interns can effortlessly handle the other costs.
- Medical coverage linked to service-incurred is also given.
- Be nationals of FAO Members. Click Here for details.
- Be students enlisted in an undergraduate or graduate or recent graduates.
- Have an operating knowledge of a minimum of one FAO official language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian).
- Be aged between 21 and 30 at the beginning of their internship.
- Be competent to acclimate to an international multicultural environment, have reasonable communication skills, and be knowledgeable in the usage of basic computer programs.
- Contenders with family members (brother, sister, mother, father) hired by FAO under any sort of contract are not qualified for the Internship Programme.
How To Apply:
Please visit Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Website for further information concerning the Applications Submission Procedure. All the details regarding the Internship Opportunity can be found on FAO Website. In Order to Apply, You will have to go through the Food and Agriculture Organization Website. Click Here to Proceed to their Website without any further ado.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) offers an internship program with a view to encouraging staff members to apply their knowledge and skills. The internship Programme continues to provide opportunities for educational and professional development, as well as providing exposure to FAO activities in fields such as agriculture, rural development, animal production, forestry and fisheries. The FAO Internship Programme is a unique platform to acquire in-depth knowledge and consolidate professional skills. Many interns also take advantage of the opportunity to become involved in training workshops, seminars or study tours organized by the Organization.