Humboldt Research Fellowship Program is a program that provides the opportunity for outstanding researchers from around the world to come to Germany for a research stay at one of the many universities and research institutions.
Also, Read: Humphrey Fellowship Program in United States.
Details of the Fellowship:
- Country of Fellowship: Germany
- Period: 6 – 24 Months
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Last Date To Apply: None
- Medical insurance and liability insurance backing will be provided.
- A lump sum amount will be provided for the travel costs in case the fees are not borne by any third party.
- Language fellowship will be provided for an intensive language course.
- Language fellowships may also be given to accompanying marital partners.
- A monthly fellowship subsidy of 2500 EUR will be provided
- Family stipends will be provided for accompanying family members who are staying for at least 3 months.
- For single parents, a flat-rate subsidy for escorting children under the age of 18 will be provided.
- A Europe stipend for a research stay at a research institute in another European country will also be provided.
- A stipend towards research costs is to be paid to the hosts in Germany amounting to 800 EUR per month for research in the natural sciences and engineering and 500 EUR for research in the humanities and social sciences.
- A lump sum mobility stipend will be provided for participation in vital conferences, research trips, library stays, etc. these can be in Germany and abroad.
- The candidate must have finished Ph.D., C.Sc., or equal not less than 4 years prior to the date of application.
- Good knowledge of the English language, and the knowledge of the German language is a plus point.
- Eligible Aspirants must have lived outside Germany for at least 12 months in total in the 18-month time prior to submission of the application.
- Potential Aspirants of German nationality are eligible to apply provided that their habitual place of work and residence has been located abroad on the assumption of permanence for at least 5 years.
How To Apply:
Candidates will have to Apply Online, Please visit the Humboldt Research Fellowship Website in order to Submit Online Applications. Click Here to Cruise to their Official Website Right now.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers international research fellowships to nurture promising young academics and create a global network of former fellows. The foundation seeks to encourage independent and original research by providing long-term support and funding for top researchers from abroad to conduct their work in Germany.