If you want to study abroad or if you have a dream of studying in Japan, but don’t know how to make it happen. The MEXT Scholarship might be your answer. This scholarship is available for undergraduate students who are interested in Japanese language studies or Japanese culture and society.
Students may be from any country around the world and need not speak Japanese before applying. MEXT has announced that it will provide scholarships for international students. The program is open to all non-Japanese citizens who are interested in studying in Japan.
The MEXT Scholarship is to assist international students in achieving their dreams of going abroad and living the life they have always wanted. With this scholarship, you have the opportunity to experience what it’s like to live in a country that has been rated one of the most livable countries on Earth. You may even be able to learn Japanese.
Also, Read: ETH Zurich Scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country of Scholarship: Japan
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Level/Field of Study: Master’s, Undergraduate and PhD
- Last Date to Apply: Deadline is Different for Each Country
MEXT Scholarship also provides people with the following Benefits:
- Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2023 Rate)
- Charges for the Entrance Examination and Tuition Fees at Universities will be funded by MEXT.
- MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Residence halls for international students are given by universities.
Before you submit an application, you must fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
- The required language is English.
- Eligible Countries List can be found on Scholarship Provider Website.
- Aspirants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relationships with Japan.
- People who have Japanese nationality at the time of application are not acceptable.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have achieved 12 years of school education or have finished courses in a school similar to a high school (includes prospective graduates)
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have finished 16 years / 18 years of study.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of working experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your nation.
- For Japanese Study Students: Candidates must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be registered as undergraduate students in faculties or schools that major in the Japanese language or Japanese society in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be registered in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
Last Date To Apply:
The Deadline is different for each country so you need to visit the Official Website.
How To Apply:
Visit MEXT Website and you can download the application form from there, Click Here to get to their Website. First of all, you need to find the Japanese Embassy of your country by Clicking (Click Here) you will be redirected to the Link and then you will have to find the MEXT Scholarship. Moreover, After downloading the application form, fill it out carefully without making any mistakes in the form.
People who wanted to study abroad for a very long time, this Opportunity is exactly for that kind of people so what are you waiting for apply now and get this Scholarship.