The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) is a scholarship offered by the Government of Malaysia to encourage academically-minded students from countries around the world to attend courses at premier institutions in Malaysia.
MTCP scholarship program is designed to strengthen the people-to-people links between Malaysia and other countries, as well as to enhance mutual understanding among students, teachers and experts.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) is a collaborative initiative between the Government of Malaysia and various international agencies to support such organizations from developing countries to increase access to higher education, skills training and technology transfer.
Also, Read: McCall MacBain Scholarships in Canada.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country: Malaysia
- Host: Ministry of Education, Malaysia
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Degree Level: Masters
- Last Date To Apply: 16th July 2022
You may pick any corresponding course within the areas listed beneath. Preference will be provided to the following areas of study.
- Science, Technology and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, or clinical pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management & Banking
- International Relations & Political Science
- Agriculture & Aquaculture
- Social Science & Humanities
- Information and Communication Technology
- Fee of Living Allowance
- Book Stipend
- Practical Training Stipend
- End of Study Subsidy
- Tuition Costs
- Medical Claims
- Visa Cost
- Other allocations of RM3,500 per month
- Tools Subsidy
- House Rental Stipend
- Family Assistance Allowance
- Placement Allocation
- Thesis Subsidy
- Travel Allocation (Air Tickets)
Applicants can study and achieve their master’s degree program in any of the below-given Institutes in Malaysia.
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions for the Scholarships in Malaysia.
- Not more than 45 years old at the moment of application.
- Scholars must undertake complete-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60.
- For the Master’s Degree Program, A minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or the lowest CGPA of 3.0 at the Undergraduate Degree standing or Applicants acquiring Degrees with English as a medium of instruction may also be accepted (Proof is a condition).
- Applicants who have finished their prior education from an English medium institute can advance an English Proficiency certificate.
Last Date To Apply:
The Last Date of Applications Submission for the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme – MTCP Fully Funded Scholarship is 16th July 2022.
How To Apply?
The Applications Process is Completely Online, Please Submit your Applications Online. To Apply, you will have to visit the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme – MTCP Scholarship Website. The Documents required must be delivered (listed below). You must fill in all the information required. Late Applications Will be rejected, the last date is 16th July 2022. Click Here to Hop into the MTCP Scholarship Official Website.
- Application form
- Approval from MTCP Scholarship;
- Admission offer letter from Malaysian Universities (if relevant)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical examination form.
- A certified copy of the Passport
- A certified duplicate of the Academic Transcript
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests or EPL
- Letter of Recommendation for Scholarship from two (2) referees.
The MTCP scholarship is a highly competitive Opportunity that aims to provide sustainable and long-term funding for outstanding students pursuing their higher education. Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme – MTCP Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship scheme. The scholarship cover all education, training and travel expenses.