The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships opportunities for undergraduates and graduate students. This program will provide a unique opportunity to learn about the Smithsonian Institution by working alongside APAC staff, interns from other organizations in Washington D.C., and museum professionals from around the country. Interns will have an opportunity to develop research skills, explore career paths, network with potential employers, and contribute their own talents to a variety of projects that support the mission of APAC.
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships are a great way to learn more about the diverse cultures that make up this country and gain experience in the field of arts administration. Southeast Asia and Pacific Islander Americans (SEAPI) have a rich cultural history that is often overlooked. The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center (APAC) wants to provide more opportunities for SEAPI students to learn about their roots through internships.
APAC offers paid summer internships, which are open to high school juniors and seniors as well as college students who can commit at least 10 hours per week between May and August. Interns gain hands-on experience in museum work, research, development, or media depending on their interests and skillsets. In addition to learning new skills, interns also meet others from diverse backgrounds working in the museum field. APAC provides a supportive environment where interns explore how past experiences connect with contemporary issues of identity.
Also Read: United Nations Internships 2022-2023
Regarding the Center:
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center (APAC) is an initiative of the Smithsonian Institution to highlight the stories and experiences of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders in America. The APAC is part of a larger effort by the Smithsonian to increase representation on its boards and curatorial staff.
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center is the first museum-based institution in America dedicated exclusively to telling the story of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. The center’s goal is to provide a safe space for individuals from these communities, along with their friends and family, to explore their histories through exhibitions, online resources, programs, and more.
Details of the Internship:
- Country of Internship: USA
- Institution: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Internship Focused Areas: All majors
- Internship Period: Internships usually last anywhere between 10-15 weeks.
- Last Date to Apply: Spring 2022 (January-May): No later than November 19, 2021 Summer 2022 (June-August): No later than March 13, 2022 Fall 2022 (September-December): No later than June 17, 2022
The center gives you the following Benefits:
- APAC offers modest internship stipends every semester–funding is limited and highly competitive.
- Interns may also receive academic credit through their universities.
- We encourage all applicants to research scholarship opportunities that support internships at their universities.
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
- All world countries are available for eligibility.
- Current undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates.
Last Date To Apply:
The last date of this internship depends on the chosen study program.
Spring 2022 (January-May): No later than November 19, 2021
Summer 2022 (June-August): No later than March 13, 2022
Fall 2022 (September-December): No later than June 17, 2022
How To Apply:
Applicants are worried about that how they can apply for this internship so don’t worry we are here to tell you the process of applying. You can apply online by jumping into the official website of ESO Science Journalism. Click Here to get to their Website without wasting any further time.
This is a wonderful opportunity for all of those who want to avail this internship certificate. Apply now before missing this amazing opportunity.