The University of Otago, New Zealand is offering a number of scholarships to students who are looking for an opportunity to conduct research in either pure or applied sciences. The scholarships are open to international students and provide full or partial support for tuition fees, living allowance, and airfares.
Eligible applicants are those who are currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program at another university or institute, as well as recent graduates who have completed their degree within the last five years. The aim of this scholarship is to provide funding for the duration of a student’s Ph.D. study, and it can be used for tuition fees, living expenses, or both.
The University offers scholarships to students who are interested in studying at the university. These are prestigious scholarships, awarded annually to students who have been accepted into Ph.D. study at the University. In order to be considered for this scholarship, an applicant must already hold a research master’s degree from another university or institution.
Regarding the University:
The University of Otago is the oldest and most prestigious university in New Zealand. It was ranked as one of the top universities in the world by QS World Rankings, Times Higher Education, and Shanghai Ranking Consultancy. The University’s Law School is well-renowned for its excellence in legal education and research. It has produced highly accomplished graduates who have gone on to make significant contributions both globally and locally. The university offers a wide range of degree courses with over six thousand students currently enrolled at the undergraduate level.
Details of the Scholarship:
- Country of Scholarship: New Zealand
- University/institution: University of Otago
- Financial Status: Fully Funded
- Level/Field of Study: Master’s and Ph.D. Degree
- Last Date to Apply: None
The Benefits that the University of Otago is offering are the following:
- NZ$ 27,000 stipend per annum plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance).
- For Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) – NZ$27,000 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the domestic rate (excludes student services fee and insurance).
- The applicants must have completed a Master’s degree by papers and thesis. Furthermore, the grades of all relevant advanced-level papers contributing towards the degree and the thesis are relevant.
- However, for candidates whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using what it considers to be the most relevant papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts
- Likewise, the candidate’s potential for, or record of, research.
- The advice, recommendation, and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.
- Domestic as well as international applicants may apply for the Scholarships at Otago University. However, international students will receive the scholarship at the domestic rate.
Last Date To Apply:
The last date of this scholarship will be ongoing. You can apply anytime. Apply as quickly as possible.
How To Apply:
Applicants are worried about how they can apply for this scholarship so don’t worry we are here to tell you the process of applying. You can apply online by visiting the official website of the University. Click Here to get to their Website without wasting any further time.
A golden opportunity for all of those who wanted to study abroad. Don’t miss this opportunity. Apply for it now to availing this scholarship for building a strong future.